Enter your query below to search our database containing over 50,000+ essays and term papers
Search results 21 - 30 of 1131 matching essays
- 21: Oprah Winfrey and Jerry Springer: Fact or Fiction
- Oprah Winfrey and Jerry Springer: Fact or Fiction In todays world of mass media, many people seek information as well as entertainment from their television set. Talk shows have become increasingly popular. Two of the most popular talk show hosts of the ... entertainment and laughs, knowing the issues and guests may be fabricated. Both shows enjoy high ratings and provide entertainment to the public. The public must make its own decision as to what is fact or fiction.
- 22: The Overexaggeration Of Fiction In Movies
- The Overexaggeration Of Fiction In Movies The overexaggeration of fiction is a massive issue these days. For example: when the X-Files were created, the sightings of UFO's have been up forty-seven percent. Also, since Deep Blue Sea, Jaws, and Lake PLacid were ...
- 23: Pulp Fiction
- Pulp Fiction Throughout the movie Pulp Fiction, directed by Quentin Tarantino, there are many hidden references to religion and the Bible. The movie starts off, introducing our two main characters, Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield, as two cheap hitmen in search of ...
- 24: 1984, Science-fiction Or Reali
- 1984, Science-Fiction or Reality On each landing, opposite the lift shaft, the poster with the enormous face gazed from the wall. It was one of those pictures which are so contrived that the eyes follow you about ... government can hold a tighter grip over the present and eventually the future. The government even has the ability to make its citizens believe that 2+2=5. Though all this may seem purely science fiction, 1984 subtly parallels our reality in many ways. In 1984 the government was able to watch every move their citizens made by the use of telescreens, helicopters and spies. In the far distance a helicopter ...
- 25: Unidentified Flying Objects: Fact or Fiction?
- Unidentified Flying Objects: Fact or Fiction? Unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, as they're fondly called, are one of the century's most intriguing and controversial mysteries. Since ancient times, UFOs of all types have been accounted for. More today than ... The UFO Phenomenon. Virginia: Time-Life Books, 1987 Fitzgerald, Randall. The Complete Book of Extraterrestrial Encounters. New York: Collier Books, 1979 Jacobs, David M. Secret life. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1992 Works Consulted Fact or Fiction: The Roswell Autopsy. TV Program. N.p.: n.p., 1997. Word Count: 2609
- 26: The Truth May Be Hidden In Reality, But Expressed In Fiction
- The Truth May Be Hidden In Reality, But Expressed In Fiction OUTLINE THESIS STATEMENT: Charles Dickens drew on personal experiences in Great Expectations. I. Childhood A. Both unloved by mothers 1. Dickens mother died 2. Pips mother died B. Working Young 1. Dickens started working ... front of you. What you may think might be there might not really be there. There are a lot of hidden messages in life. Sometimes, the truth may be hidden in reality, but expressed in fiction. There are other ways of getting across points or messages besides just coming right out and saying them. The cleverer you are in stating a major point, the more important it is and the better ...
- 27: A Time of Prosperous Change
- ... make a living as she pleases. Even we don't think of Weldon every time someone mentions a popular contemporary author we know she deserves to be mentioned. Both in the Critical Survey of Long Fiction and in Love and Marriage in the Novels of Anita Brookner and Fay Weldon Weldon is mentioned with great honor and respect. Anna Ericson uses more past situations in Fay Weldon's own life while contrasting her to Anita Brookner while in contrast the Critical Survey of Long Fiction criticizes the works without much comparison to others. Both the Magill and Anna Ericson have strong points on a women's individualism but Anna Ericson proves Weldon's choice of personality for the main character ... Ruth is a character who is well developed who one can feel one with because of the fact that the author creates great depth to her as a character. In the Critical Survey of Long Fiction the author states that "In her fiction, Fay Weldon explores women's lives with wit and humor. She is caustic in her implicit condemnation of injustice but avoids preaching by characters say and what ...
- 28: Landfills - Fact Is More Ominous Than Fiction
- Landfills - Fact Is More Ominous Than Fiction It has long been believed that the largest entity brought upon the Earth by humankind is the Pyramid of the Sun, constructed in Mexico around the start of the Christian era. The mammoth structure commands ...
- 29: Deliverances Fact Or Fiction
- Deliverance: Fact or Fiction Many things in this world are unexplainable. One concept that is hard for many people to grasp is the concept of a deliverance. Since ridding one's souls from demons is talked about in the ...
- 30: Report On Historical Fiction B
- Bantam Books published the book, Beyond the Sea of Ice, by William Sarabande, in December of 1987. This novel of historical fiction is 370 pages of a compelling story of a small band of humans surviving during the Ice Age over 20,000 years ago. I believe the author purposed to teach how the people of this ...
Search results 21 - 30 of 1131 matching essays